Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Belated Condolence

I'd like to offer my sincere condolences to the students of Jokela High School in Tuusula, Finland. The horror that was visited on Dawson College, Polytechnique, Concordia, Virginia Tech and Columbine has crossed the ocean and once again given us a glimpse into the monstrous evil that some people are capable of. My sympathies go out to the victims and my unforgiving rage goes out to those who'd blame this on society rather than the individual with the weapon. Malum Futurus.

I had planned to write a lengthy piece detailing my thoughts on the event, but I found that I could not; there simply is not much to say about it, other than that it is Evil, that it is one of the most terrible things that could ever happen and that it is a perfect example of why school security should be either trained and armed police officers (as they were at my high school) or armed, well-trained security guards who've passed psych exams, background checks aswell as gun-safety and marksmanship tests.

Let this man's name be forgotten, in the end, as I have endeavoured to condemn to obscurity the monster who attacked Dawson College.

No comments: